Wednesday, July 8, 2009

BEAUTIFUL WORDS

Photobucket

I know I walk to the beat of a different drummer...but, I got home from work yesterday to ALL MICHAEL, ALL THE TIME television...and wondered if the rest of the world had stopped...inasmuch as, there was no other news being reported!

I watched for a few minutes as people who supposedly knew him well, spoke so eloquently about him:

His laugh was sweet and pure.

He was mischievous.

He was honest.

He was a lover of life.

He cared deeply for his family, friends, and fans.

He saw everything with his heart.


I have no doubt, that these remarks spoken with love, are true.

Yet, I wonder if, when he was alive, he knew those people felt that way about him!

I remember years ago, the commercial he did when he was going to trial...it was replayed several times over this past week on many different channels...he sat there and begged everyone to reserve judgment until all the facts were in...he appeared nearly broken.

The television cameras have been showing us for days, the crush of people celebrating this man's life.

And, through it all I keep thinking...it's too late!

Where were these people when he needed help...with alleged childhood struggles...with accusations...with lawsuits...with trials...with bad publicity...with alleged drug abuse??

Beautiful words spoken in eulogy are really only that...pretty words.

Before he died, many had accused him, judged him, and punished him...over and over again.

I don't pretend to know who he was, what he did or didn't do, or how he suffered in life. At times over the years, I too, raised more than one eyebrow over allegations and reported incidents involving children. Still, I leave his final judgment up to our Almighty Father.

My observation is merely this:

How much more beautiful these words would be, when spoken to the living!

And, how much more curative!

How much more meaningful...to celebrate someone in life...rather than after death!

What are YOU waiting for?

Tell those YOU love just how much they mean to YOU!

Do it NOW, while there is still time!

And, to those...who have nothing good to say about a person...even after he/she has died...I say this:

YOU need to look within YOUR own heart on that one!

It says so much more about...YOU...than the deceased...regardless of his/her alleged sins!


~ For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you. ~ Matthew 7:2

No comments:

Post a Comment