Friday, June 5, 2009

AWARENESS TEST



I had to take this test twice!

I was so busy counting the number of passes made, I missed the 800 pound gorilla (alright...much smaller man in a brown bear costume!) in the room.

How many times are we like that with God?

We know that God is present always and everywhere...in each of us made in His image, in the whole of creation, and in the very air we breathe.

Yet, how many times as we go through our day, do we miss opportunities to: Greet Him...Thank Him...Praise Him...Ask His Assistance...Open Our hearts To Him...Open Our Very Lives To Him?

Probably many more times then we would care to admit!

Did you notice the sunrise this morning?

GOD WAS THERE!

Did you hear the birds singing outside your window?

GOD WAS THERE!

Did you kiss your spouse as you took your leave of each other, for another day of work and errands?

GOD WAS THERE!

Did you see how high the grass has grown?

GOD WAS THERE!

Did you call your child over and over again to hurry and wake up so he wouldn't be late for school?

GOD WAS THERE, TOO!

Did you lose your patience with someone and give them a piece of your mind?

GOD WAS EVEN THERE!

He is with you every second of every day...watching over you...guiding you...supporting you...loving you.

Why not take a little time today and enjoy the peace that comes with the awareness that God is with YOU in this moment...the next minute...the next hour...the next 4 hours...tomorrow...next week...next year...your entire life.

God is always here with you...watching and waiting for you to become aware of His Presence.

What are YOU waiting for?

Talk to Him...enjoy the peace He offers...bask in the glow of the love only He can perfectly bestow upon you.

He already knows you better than you know yourself...let Him in...He will teach you wonderful things about yourself, others, and the entire world!

Still waiting?

Do it NOW!

Do it OFTEN!

God is in the center of YOUR world...open your heart and meet Him!

Once you take that first step, the next ones will fall right into place!


From Saint Patrick's Breastplate:

Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me,
Christ in me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me,
Christ on my right, Christ on my left,
Christ when I lie down, Christ when I sit down, Christ when I arise,
Christ in the heart of every man who thinks of me,
Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks of me,
Christ in every eye that sees me,
Christ in every ear that hears me.

No comments:

Post a Comment