Saturday, March 14, 2009

Eternal Truths Gleaned From the Movie: "Beverly Hills Chihuahua"

Finally got to sit down this afternoon with my DVD of "Beverly Hills Chihuahua." In the beginning of the movie I was covering my dogs' eyes lest they get any ideas about cashmere sweaters, leather booties, and (really? really?) diamond dog collars.

They are DOGS...they come fully clothed at birth...in fur...they do not require sweaters or pants or skirts and they especially do not require diamond collars!

As with all Disney movies, despite the largesse, I was hooked. When it got to the part where the leader of the Chihuahuas was explaining how tiny and mighty they were, and how they would be spoken to in baby voices "No Mas!" And, dressed like humans "No Mas!" I was hysterical.

Then the head of the Chihuahua Revolution explained: "We Chihuahuas come in all shapes and colors, but when you look not with your eyes but with your soul, we are all the same!" I was enthralled.

Is that not what we all should say about every human, too?

WE HUMANS COME IN ALL SHAPES AND COLORS; BUT, WHEN YOU LOOK NOT WITH YOUR EYES BUT WITH YOUR SOUL, WE ARE ALL THE SAME!

I challenge us all, this week, to make a conscious effort to look at EVERYONE we encounter not with our eyes, but with our soul. Let's see how that will help us grow in Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment