Wednesday, April 29, 2009

WHY WE ATTEND MASS

The following video by Steve Silvia is a beautiful explanation of why we need to join together each week at mass.

As Catholic Christians we are called to be the eyes, and hands, and feet of Jesus here on earth.

I personally cannot do that without the mass.

I need the prayers, the Word, the fellowship, and the homily to guide me in what I ought to do.

I need the Holy Eucharist to nourish my soul so I may have the strength of my convictions to do what I ought to do.

Studies show that a good breakfast sets the pace for our day. How many of us would send our children to school each morning without a good breakfast?

Yet, we think nothing of sending our children out into the world each week without the nourishment their little souls need to keep them strong against all the temptations they will find there.

Go figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment